• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can I put BeerSmith on my Android?

crummycook

Apprentice
Reaction score
Did not see this question anywhere. I'm getting a Pandigital WiFi reader which has the Droid software. Am I able to download BeerSmith on this?

Beersmith is a Windows application.  Android is a different operating system that runs java applications.  The two are not compatible, so I would say no.

No - I don't have an Android version.

I'm working on a PC and Mac version now, that should also be portable to Linux.  I don't yet know how hard it would be to move the Linux version to Android, but I'm going to look into the portable market once I have the next version released.

Brad

While is is not beersmith you can export all of your beersmith recipes to a program for android called Brewzor Pro Beta. It is free in the android market and will allow you to carry your recipes, has many brewing related calculators etc. Worth a look as it might meet your needs.

Back