• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Nut Brown issues

MikeinWA

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have never been a big Brown Ale fan.  It's good beer  but seems to lack body.  I do admit that I really don't try them anymore.  My few attempts were years ago out of the clone brew book and they turned out fine for the recipe.

It seems I need to make a batch of Nut Brown for the wife's office.  I told her to have them pick any beer and of course it's a beer I really don't like or have a good recipe for.

So, can someone point me in the direction of a fuller bodied nut brown recipe or even a commercial beer I can try and then clone it?

This recipe did well.  Granted it's from my kitchen, stove-top days, but the Golden Naked Oats give the "nutty" flavor, and the English/quality grains give the bready/toasty. 

Mash even higher for more body.  This was medium to medium-full from the grist.

Attachments

• 11C.bsm
    18.9 KB · Views: 295
Thanks for the recipe. Looks a fuller than many Browns which is what I want.  I'll try it this weekend.

Brewed the recipe.  On ther transfer to secondary the gravity was 1.012 which should be rock bottom for the recipe.  I increased the final gravity so the beer is at 5.3% right now.

Nice taste on the transfer.  I increased the brown grain and went to a dark chocolate grain instead of pale and the beer has some good body for a brown.

Much appreciation for the recipe! ;D  My wife's office folk better appreciate it.

Back