• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lock/Unlock Bug

sbbish

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have searched through the forums, but have not found this previously reported.

Certain fields that are normally disabled/grayed out will become active if the recipe is unlocked by using the Lock checkbox inside the Recipe View. Here's how to reproduce the bug:

1. Open any recipe that uses Single Stage or Two Stage Fermentation.
Unused fields are disabled/grayed out. For example, a Single Stage fermentation only has the Days and Temp fields active for Primary. Secondary and Tertiary are disabled. This is as it should be.
2. Lock and unlock the recipe using the Lock checkbox within the Recipe View. When you unlock the recipe using this checkbox, suddenly the Secondary and Tertiary fields are active/available.
3. This same thing happens to the Mash Profile if you are using a recipe tagged as Extract type. Normally, for an Extract recipe, the Mash Profile is disabled/grayed out. But if you unlock the recipe using the Lock checkbox, the Mash Profile becomes available.

This bug does NOT occur if you use the Lock/Unlock button on the toolbar when you are viewing a list of recipes. Any recipe you unlock using the toolbar button will correctly show the disabled fields once you open the recipe view.

This occurs in BeerSmith v1.40, build 038. I'm running Windows XP. I believe this bug also occurs on Windows 7, but don't have handy access to Win7 at the moment to verify. But I'm pretty sure I tested it on Win7 a while ago.

Back