• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello men from CA

Nekro

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Well first off, my Name is Paul and I live in West Covina, CA and i love drinking beer. I have always admired people who brew their own beer because to be honest it just tasted better. Also I am currently in the Army so im sure you can figure out a lot of us military been enjoy out drinking lol. I haven been browsing around the internet at beer making kits for the past 2 months or so. My question is what beer making kit would be the best buy for someone like me. I love the more flavorful beer like Blue Moon and hef beers like that. Just like when i go out to eat and eat Mexican food its no comparison to my moms home cooked Mexican food. I want to make my own beer to put in time and work into it and end with a product that just taste better and has more of a frothy full fell and sense of accomplishment. If you guys can help me make my choice a lot easier of buying a kit that would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome!  As far as kits go it is really up to personal preference.  Kits are just pre packaged partial or all extract brews.  If you want to clone commercial brews then there are several books you can buy with recipes that will give you several ways to make them.  You just buy the individual products (grain, hops,ect) and the recipe is in the book.

Google search  for a local brew store.  They should have the info and kits you require.

On a side note.  I was down in Orange, CA last xmas and went with my brother in law to different brew stores and most of them were not to my liking.  I would try to go to a few and find one that has classes or a forum and that is friendly. 

Back