• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Yeast's

RonRock

Apprentice
Reaction score
My BeerSmith Yeast list does not have S-05 listed. Is there an updated Yeast choice list? Or do I need to manually add it? If manual how do I find the needed info?

Fermentis and the other dry yeast mfrs have PDFs for each yeast on their sites that give the key stats to add that entry.  It may be there, under a different mfr name. 

Here's what I have for S-05.

Name: SafAle American S-05
Product ID: S-05
Laboratory: Fermentis
Type: Ale
Form: Dry

Flocculation: Medium
Attenuation: 75.00 %
Min Fermentation Temperature: 60.0 F
Max Fermentation Temperature: 72.0 F
Times Cultured: 0
Culture Date: 11/23/2007
Max Reuse: 5
Inventory: 0 Pkgs
Best For:
Notes: Rehydrate 74F to 80F. 

I'm going to have to agree with the OP. There's been a few things that I've found missing such as different hop options (Summit, Citra, etc) and even with the yeasts I just brewed with White Labs American Ale Yeast WLP060 and I didn't see that listed.

I've had your product for a while now and I do enjoy it, I'd just like to see an upgrade of some of the yeast, hops, and grain come down though your updater system. It seems like you've built it in to update that, yet continue to make your customers go to your website to download the different grain profiles and search the web for different hop and yeast information.

Guys,

We are all anxious to see ver 2 and what it offers,

But for now, it is a very simple process to add (to the database) a new hop, yeast, or whatever.

However, while adding the hops and all the pertinent data will produce the effective changes in a given recipe,
I have played around adding several yeast strains, with their differing attenuation settings etc, and these SEEM to produce NO CHANGE in the recipe view/calculations.

Could be that I am just looking for changes that are too minute to calculate.?

Back