• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Joe's Irish Red Ale - downloaded recipe

cdeme123

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just wanted to send a "thanks" out there to "Joe."  Wherever you are.  I downloaded a whole bunch of recipes from beersmith when I first got the program.  Among them was one called Joe's Irish Red Ale. I usually make a very small batch of any new recipe when I first try it (1-3 gallons) so as to not waste beer.

In doing the conversion in Beersmith the numbers came out fine.  I did make a small mistake at the brew shop and mentally moved the decimal place of the chocolate malt one to the left.  Since this was a relatively small amount of grain it didn't have a huge impact but you can definitely tell the darker color and slightly more chocolate flavor.  Overall, this is one definitely worth making.  I plan to do a much bigger batch to share with friends in the very near future.  This time, I'll pay closer attention to the numbers.

Thanks again Joe.  Great recipe!

Chris

Owning the beersmith program tells me you are getting serious about brewing. Go for it. Think about 5 gallon batches. It's a hobby with great returns. If you are concerned about cost, visit http://www.biabrewer.info/ and dive in! or keep advancing to 5 gallon all grain on traditional systems. It's all the same beer.

Back