• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Non brewing Topic? NOT!

Ziggybrew

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
This is for non-brewing topics. So, how can the overthrow of the Lybian government be more important than your next brew? It can't. That's the beauty of home brewing. No other topic is of interst to us. LOL Making beer actualy is the reason cultures and cities rose up from the nomadic plans. Why go backward? LOL (just messing around)

One of the reasons I start Brewing was so I would have some value to the local community when the economy goes to complete crap !!
Next I need to learn how to malt on the garage floor  :)

David

Learning to make herbal medicines/remedies got me interested in brewing beer. This hobby has got me into cheesemaking too. So between making beer, wine and cheese, I hope I could be a benefit for my community....  Or get kicked out of the community. ;D

my love of beer and self-sufficiency got me interested in homebrewing.  Back in the late 70s, early 80s I tried making wine, but the best that could be said for my wines is that they were 'sorta drinkable'.  Yeah, they were really that bad.  My beers (on the other hand) have been quite tasty -and nothing makes you enjoy a hobby quite like making a good product!  Not sure why my wines were never much to write about -but I don't really care either.  I love beer far more than I did wines anyway.
Nothing like seeing the smiles on a crowds' faces when you roll up and pull out the porta-keggerator and announce that the taps are now open!
AND if the worst happens, and hurricanes or natural disaster strikes, and everyone else has to boil water just to have a safe (uncontaminated) drink... well I'll just reach for the tap, or grab a bottle -this 'water' has already been pre-conditioned! :D

I have a similar past nightbiker.  I live near the finger lakes of NY, so grape juice is readily available.  After making wine for a few years I came to the conclusion that winemaking is best left to Californians and the French because the quality of the grapes is paramount and you have to have oak casks, cold cellars, etc.  I think the experience actually kept me from getting into beer sooner.  I've since found I can make world class beers in my kitchen - because you can buy world class ingredients anywhere and simple glassware works great.

I'm already plotting my next upgrade to pid controlled beer keg hot liquor tank and mash tun. ;D

Back