• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe views

pcdiver

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
The new version, 1.3  can show multiple windows.  That's good!

Can they be shown in a split screen configuration to avoid having to switch back and forth between recipe pages?  (Side by side views.)

The problem arises when we try to manipulate the two recipes around to view them.  The screen is not large enough  (17") to accomodate the two pages.  If one "clicks" on a recipe, it is sent to the tool bar.  I may be the only one, but is quite a pain when making a detailed comparison...short of printing the pages.

Now back to the experimenting! ;D

It's not built into BeerSmith, and I know it works on Windows XP at least, but try this:

Select one of the windows you want to view by clicking its button on the taskbar. Next, while holding the Control key, right click on the button of the other window you want to view. From the menu that pops up, select either Tile Horizontally (a top-bottom split) or Tile Vertically (a side-by-side view, which is what I think you're after). In my experiment, the data in the windows scaled dynamically, and was actually clean and easy to read. Might be what you're looking for :)

I would say that Colin's recommendation is probably the best one that I can come up with for the moment if you are running on a single monitor.

Another solution is to set up multiple monitors under Windows (of course you need to buy them).  I have two hooked up and I'm going to three soon because it really makes using Windows a lot easier!  Windows 98se and higher recognize multiple monitors and let you extend your desktop across them so it looks like one big desktop.

Cheers!
Brad

Thanks Guys!

Colin:  I tried it but to no avail...I'll keep experimenting.
I have Windows XP.
Dave

while holding the Control key, right click on the button of the other window in the task bar.

it will work.

have a good one

Back