• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

General Search

wahoo

Brewer
Reaction score
Brad,
Love the software.

Being a new user of Windows 7, one thing I like is the use in the UI of general searches.  This is applied quite well in the new version of Outlook, but a more well-known example is the "Search Programs and Files" control in the start menu.

Something similar for beersmith could be helpful.  Typing "Pilsener" would return recipes that have Pilsener in the title, a link to the BJCP guidelines, Pilsener Malts, and anything else with the work Pilsener in it. 

Typing "Pils" should probably return anything with the string Pils in the word, so the water type for Pilsen would be returned as well as the items described above.

www.twitter.com/shamasuva

Thanks
  I've already added this to the next version - there is a search box on the title bar for both the main views and also within the "choose" dialogs where you choose items that lets you do simple string searches. 

It is really nice when adding ingredients as the ingredient list is long, but typing a few letters usually gets right to the one you want.

Brad

This is somewhat what I was talking about a few posts down. I like this search idea too and that is awesome that you implemented it Brad. So it is just like a fuzzy search.

Can't wait for this one. I develop software for a living and I have to say you have done an awesome job with this. Looking forward to the release.

+1 to Wahoo

Back