• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Braumeister

diegobonatto

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I would like to setup my Beer Smith software with Braumeister 20 L equipment data. Somebody have try it?
Regards!

I have been using a Braumeister 20 litre for around 6 months and have been experimenting with its settings and with the setup in beersmith.  I must say that the beer I have brewed has been excellent but I would like to use the braumeister more skillfully.

I have set up my equipment in beersmith as below:

Batch Size: 20.00 L
Mash Volume: 29.00 L
Boil Volume: 22.53 L
Mash Tun Weight: 14.00 kg
Evaporation Rate: 7.00 % Mash Tun Specific Heat : 0.120 cal/g-deg C
Boil Time: 60.0  Mash Tun Deadspace: 0.00 L
Top-up for Boiler: 0.00 L  Equip Hop Utilization: 100.00 %
Losses to Trub/Chiller: 0.75 L Cooling Loss (%): 1.00
Top up water for Fermenter: 0.00 L

I seem to get something like 70% brewhouse efficiency whether I use a short or long mashing profile.  I have experimented a little with mashing profiles and found that a balanced and good profile is below:

Grain Weight Basis: 5.50 kg
Grain Temperature: 20.0 C
Tun Temperature: 20.0
Batch Sparge: No
Batch Sparge Percent: 0.00
Sparge Temperature: 75.6 C
PH: 5.4
Mash Steps Name Description Step Temp Step Time
add malt pipe Add 25.00 L of water and heat to 40.0 C over 20 min 40.0 C 0 min
Protein Mode Heat to 50.0 C over 5 min 50.0 C 30 min
Maltose mode Heat to 62.0 C over 5 min 62.0 C 30 min
Saccharification 1 Heat to 67.0 C over 5 min 67.0 C 30 min
Saccharification 2 Heat to 71.0 C over 5 min 71.0 C 30 min
Mash Out Heat to 78.0 C over 5 min 78.0 C 10 

The Braumeister is such a powerful and flexible tool and I would like to see more advice on how to use its possibilities.  I am sure that there are a lot of Braumeister users out there who have specialty mashing profiles and it would be nice to have a library of profiles which could do light body, heavy body, wheat beers etc.

Any tips you can post would be appreciated.

*BUMP*

HELP NEEDED

Having used Beersmith for some years now I'm a big fan. It had done everything I needed it too and them some. After recently purchasing a Braumeister I was keen to get playing with my new toy. I fired up Beersmith and set to work customising my equipment. Unfortunately Beersmith seems to be unable to set up a system like this. Has anyone had any luck?? If so please Help!!!

All my recipes are in Beersmith and I'm dreading moving them all to another application.

Cheers

Good to see that there are some other Braumeister/Beersmith users out there.  I attach the profile I use in the hope that it can help anybody else.

Moving on past the settings I would really like to see what sort of complex Braumeister mashing profiles people are using.

Just off to start a Belgian Dubbel and yet another IPA.  The thirst for IPA from my consumers seems to be never ending.

Attachments

• Philip's Braumeister settings.bsmx
    1.1 KB · Views: 4,613
Hi, does anyone have the settings for a Braumeister 50L ?

wedwards said:
perdev said:
Hi, does anyone have the settings for a Braumeister 50L ?

Did anyone ever manage to get these settings for the 50L?
I've done some looking around and I found these settings on http://www.homebrewtalk.com/ and have changed them slightly due to my experiences brewing on the system. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Snow_s Braumeister 50L settings.bsmx
    1.3 KB · Views: 2,656
Back