• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Notes Enhancement

Todrich

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I would like to suggest the ability to add a note type item to a recipe. The note would be similar to a misc. item with regard to the ability to select the part of the brewing process to which the note relates. It sould then print on the brewsheet relative to the appropriate brewing step. Additionally, I would also like to suggest the ability to add a note to each ingredient so it prints on the brewsheet right below its related ingredient.

I just wanted to be clear that the example I provided was not suggesting that a Note type be added to the Misc. entity in the BeerXML standard. Using the current Misc functionality would dictate that notes be created in advance. The functionality that I am suggesting is an ad-hoc feature to include notes on recipe items, recipe steps, and the recipe itself.

To support this functionality, it appears that a new Note entity type would need to be added to the standard (maybe in V2.0) so that multiple instances can be included within each recipe. Additionally, adding a new note entity to the standard would create the opportunity to allow multiple notes to be added to each ingredient type, or to a mash or recipe step, or to even create a log by date for each batch, the possibilities are extensive.

Back