• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hi!!

DaveinPa

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi folks.  I live in NE Pa.  I brewed my first batch of beer - an oatmeal stout over Christmas.  I had some difficulties and ended up doing a lot of blog hopping (no pun intended  ;D) and ultimately buying some books and reading up on how to brew.  I was able to solve my problem (really stuck fermentation) and ended up getting hooked on the art/science of it all.  I'm about to brew my second batch, an all grain pilsner.  I'll post my progress in hopes of snagging a few tips along the way.  But first, I need to finish making a mash tun from a 10 gallon igloo.

Yep, an addictive art & science. Making or selecting the brewery equipment is also a hobby in itself. -- Have fun!

As you continue to brew and learn about all of the ingredients and processes, you will develop a greater appreciation for every beer you drink.
..... and the more you appreciate drinking what you create, the more you enjoy the brewing process.

It's a vicious circle, and we all enjoy every turn!

Tim

Back