• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

"Batch Size" question in Beersmith software

steve78

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was just wondering if someone can answer a question for me.  In Beersmith, when it says "batch size" up ther ein the top right of the recipe working window, is that the batch size including the trub, or without the trub?

Reason I ask, is I prime each bottle, and was looking at the total amount of sugar to use at the bottom of the recipe working window for bulk priming, and this is done in a secondary fermenter, which would be minus the trub from the 1st fermenter.

Is this correct?

Cheers,

Steve

I am pretty new to brewing as well but I transfer from my secondary to a bottling bucket for bottling.  This is where I mix with the priming sugar. 

Yes I believe the program considers the batch volume as the final volume.  After taking into account the trub and what not.  You can set those parameters under tools/options i believe.

Back