• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water Volume Calculations?

mbg

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Be kind, I'm new to BeerSmith and AG.

I've spent a few hours playing around with the software V1.3. This program is very easy to navigate and easy to find help when needed.

I have a question about the programs water volume calculations. What are they based on and how can they be modified for customized equipment?

For example, what if my evaporation rate is high or if my grain absorbtion is abnormal - how do I let the program know this?

I know the tools utility lets me perform some of these calculations, but, I'm not sure the input/results of the tools feature are taken into account for the mash/lautering volumes.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,
 This is very easy to do - all you need to do is create a custom equipment profile tailored to your brewing setup.

You can then use this equipment setup for creating new recipes or scaling existing recipes.

Here is a short tutorial.

http://beersmith.com/equipment_setup.htm

Cheers!
Brad

Back