• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Super Ryeson

Resto3

Brewer
Reaction score
12 pounds of Pilsner
4 Pounds of Malted Rye
.5 Pounds of Munich Malt
.5 Pounds of Honey (at the end of the boil)

Mash Schedule:

113 for 30 min
131 for 15 min
144 for 40 min
154 for 15 min
165 for 10 min

Collected 8.0 Gal pf wort, boiled down to 6 gallons.

OG 1.080

90 min boil

Hops:

2.0 oz  Hallertau (3.8 AA) 60 min

0.6 oz Styraina Golding (4.0) 20 min

0.4 0z French Strisselspalt (2.5 AA) 2 min

1/4 tsp coarse cracked black pepper
1/4 tsp powdered tumeric
1/8 tsp powdered cayan pepper all spices at flameout

Will extract oils from 1 tangerine and 1 lemon and add to secondary

Dry Hop with 1 oz of Sorachi Ace hops

Yeast I think was a Belginy type possibly an abbey ale or possibly a Saison strain.

Big 4,500 ml starter.

Fermenting away lik gangbuster.

Richie

That sounds like a very complex taste. Looking forward to your tasting notes. keep us updated.

This beer is still fermenting.  Just about finished.  Will wait till next week to bottle.

I'm looking forward to trying this beer!!

What flavor are you expecting out of the tumeric?  We use tumeric all the time in Indian recipies and I know it's a really good thing for your health, but in beer?  I'm really curious.

It does sound like an interesting recipe.  Let us know how it turned out, I'd like to try it too.

This beer at first turned out really thick and syrupy to my surprise!!  after leaving it in the basement for several months it turned out really well.  The rye and spicy note are present but none that you can pick out.  The turmeric added a little color and as stated before you can't really put your finger on one particular ingredient except for the rye of course.

Was very dissapointed at first now everyone that tastes this wants the recipe.

Cheers!!

Back