• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

blueberries

shane

Master Brewer
Reaction score
The local Yogurt plant lost power and I got 20lbs of frozen blueberries. Any recipes?

No beer recipes but I did make a blueberry port about 5 years ago that I haven't tasted yet.

A local brewpub makes blueberry lager... it is awesome.  try a simple lager recipie and add to your secondary.  Freeze what you don't use right away and mail them to me.

MikeinWA said:
No beer recipes but I did make a blueberry port about 5 years ago that I haven't tasted yet.
Hey Mike, how long are you letting it sit? I made blackberry wine ,merlot,cranberry wine, apple,pear, But the wait killed me. that's why I came to the Beer side. So much more fun over here.

Well, it's been 5 years and I haven't had a sip yet.  I only made 5 gal.  The local u pick was only a $1 a lb back then.  I'm hoping the brandy will mellow out the blueberry wine.  I have made a few fruit wines.  They are good for fruit wines but they will never replace even a medium Cabernet.

I agree about the time problem.  They few double chocolate stouts and Barleywines I have made were always on my mind to drink the first 6 months but then I forget as long as they are out of sight.  Those big beers were horrible when I tried them early.  Time really makes heavy beer.

Jeffrey5jesus said:
There are hundred of dishes of blueberry like
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Blueberry Pie
Blended Berry Pancakes
Blueberry Breakfast Sauce
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Which type of dish you like to cook?

I was so concentrated on beer I didn't even think of cooking something else with them. Oh well, I cooked and strained them. I made a bleuberry ale with a third  and froze the other 2 for some more beer. Think I'll try a lager next. Thanks though

keep brewin

Back