• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer Smith for Mac

In testing now - depends on how many bugs we find, but I'm hoping for May or June.

Brad

I can't wait!! The Windows version runs SO SLOWLY on my Mac (with Parallels Desktop) that its painful!

Anyone have any updates on how the testing for the mac version is going. My only pc in the house took a dump and i've been eagerly awaiting the release of the new version, man I miss using beersmith.

Hi,
  I have about 30 people testing it now and it appears to be relatively stable.  Still not quite ready for release (lots of minor issues to clean up) but it is going well.

Brad

Posted some images here for you to enjoy:

http://www.beersmith.com/blog/2011/05/02/beersmith-2-0-a-first-look/

Brad

I've been using other software since I'm on Mac these days, but I'm really interested in the upcoming Mac version.  PS: Please let me know if you need additional testers. I'm a software developer, and I'd gladly do in-depth testing if needed.

I tested the demo with Wine on Mac OS X Snow Leopard - works just fine! I have now preordered 2.0, and setup 1.4 the full version without a hitch.

Looking forward to a native version for Mac!

I won't be pre-ordering, since I've got a native app that I've been using for awhile, but count me in as a paying customer when 2.0 is released. Thanks for counting the platform and its users as valuable enough to create a native version.
Cheers.

All,
  I wanted to post the final build specs - BeerSmith 2 will run on any Intel based Mac running OSX 10.5 (Leopard) or higher.  This should accomodate most people who purchased a Mac in the last four years or so.

Brad

Can't wait to try on my Hackintosh  ;D ;D

Back