• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

COULD DO YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION PLASE?

MentalitO

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, i'm new in this of homebrewering and i'm trying beersmith softweare.

Well, my question is the next one:

When i see the recipes, for example I'm reading a recipe, and it says Age for : 28 days... in the carbonatation and storage section, well, this 28 days are used just for fermentation of the beeer and then bottle them? after the 28 days, or 28 days the whole process?

If this is like that, when may I bottle them?

Please guys, i'm a noob in this, you are the pro.

thanks!

The "Age for" is once you have already bottled or kegged the fermented beer.  The aging helps "mellow" the beer and is just a recomendation.  Usually I drink it long before the aging time :)

The general process is to
1. create your wort (different ways if all grain, partial mash, or extract brewer)
2. boil the wort, adding hops along the way
3. cool the wort to fermentation temperature, around room temp for ales
4. put the wort into your primary fermentor
5. add yeast
6. wait 4 - 7 days in the primary
7. rack to a secondary (optional) for an additional 7-14 days
8. bottle or keg
9. wait for carbonation (14 days if bottling)
10. age, if desired (this involves more waiting that I usually can't do)
11. drink

I know I've oversimplified this, but there it is.

basically its like chili its always better the next day but in beer it can be days or weeks hell months to years even depends on the brew your making ..

check out John Palmers how to brew just google it and you will see it and its free

Ok, Thanks guys, but i have ANOTHER  question....and sorry for my noobness.

About the yeast, it says 1Pkgs, what the hell is that?? "PKGS"???  At least in my country we don't use that meddition form.

Thanks.

Here in the states, yeast comes in liquid and dry form.  Dry yeast comes in a little foil pask/envelope.  Liquid comes in a smack pack or vial.  The recipe calls for one of any of those forms.

How does yeast come in your country?

Back