• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

time schedule

ol

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi

I am just finishing my evaluation of 1.2, and tomorrow or this week I am going to purchase this great software. Anyway...

When I brew I like have a schedule like:
8:30: add 2oz of EKG
9:10: add chiller to sterilize
9:25: add 1oz Saaz
9:30: start chiller
And now that I am starting AG, I like to have even more timepoints...
Hope you can do something about it if you see what I mean. I really liked the print out, but at the end of my brewing session I had notes everywhere, especially timepoints...I guess I would prefer your Time column in the brewsheet to be empty instead of having the "boil for 60 min", "50min into boil"...

Thanks!

If you like V1.2, then please give V1.3 a try - it is even better and very easy to upgrade!

I like your idea, but I'm a bit torn over the start times since some items will vary.  I suppose if you could enter the start time for critical items (like the start of the mash or start of the boil) and calculate time from there it would work OK.

For example, I might start my mash at a certain time, but then spent an hour doing the sparge and getting the water to boil again.  You might accomplish the same thing in 45 minutes (and so on...).

One suggestion a brewer had was to build a timer into the program and allow it to display each step and set alarms (or something) as each step comes up.  It might display the current step and next few steps with the countdown time next to it.  You could then have a button to move to the next step so it would time as you go.  This would be very useful for those with laptops, but probably less so for people with computers elsewhere.

I'm certainly open to options - let me know what you think!

Cheers!
Brad

Hello,

So I just bought Beersmith, I am waiting for the # to download v1.3.

Actually, what I meant was just the possibility to write with a pencil on the print out just next by the countdown ("60min in the boil"). I am not bringing my laptop anywhere close to 5 gal of wort ;)
I agree that generating a timing in advance would not be very convenient, but after taking notes, having some space in the software (like post analysis/notes) to enter the exact time could be interesting.

Sorry - I misunderstood.  

Yes, this sounds very reasonable.  Perhaps I will revamp the brewsheet format for the next version to make it a bit more friendly.

Thanks!
Brad

I suppose this is a misc. category!

Just to say Thanks for all of your hard work on OUR behalf.

I have been "selling" this program to my brewing students.  The # 1 selling point is:

You communicate!...Plain and simple.  I have NEVER submitted anything...silly question or not, that didn't get a reasonable reply. (and from our membership)

Thanks to all!

Back