• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith Brewing Program has stopped working

Idlehanz

New Forum Member
Reaction score
This just started happening today.  When I try to open Beersmith, I get a window saying "Beersmith Brewing Program has stopped working" "AProblem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows wioll close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

I uninstalled Beersmith, and re-installed it, but that didn't help. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi, 
  Usually this indicates one of your files has become badly corrupted.

The best fix in this case is to reinstall, but install to a different directory.  Once you have the new copy up and running, you can open your Recipe.bsm file from your previous installation directory and then copy/paste the recipes (or other data) you want to keep into the My Recipes view for your new copy.

Brad

That appears to have helped, but I won't know until I can find my registration key.  Is there a way to get my old key, or another, or am I going to have to buy it again?

Thanks

**EDIT**  I found it.  I knew I had it written down somewhere.  But if it were lost, what would I have to have done?

You could email me with your original email address if you lose your key.  As long as you purchased directly from me I can look up your existing key.

Brad

Back