• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sparge and Strike water on BeerSmith

Jer12377

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I just bought the software and I don't see a setting for strike and sparging. Am I missing something?

We don't strike our water around here, we treat it with respect  ;D

You need to customize BeerSmith a little and describe your system.  Once you setup your mash / sparge system and method, BeerSmith will present you with water temperature and volumes.

We don't strike our water around here, we treat it with respect 
  That's GREAT!!! HAHAHA 8)

I have a home made system using 15gal kegs. I have a 5500 watt electric HLT, a false bottom mash tun with propane heating option, Im propane firing my boil kettle, and I have a March809 style pump. Im running around 82% efficient. I put that info into my system and I cant seem to get it to work for me. In fact I had to use BeerSmith and had to buy BrewPal for my Ipod for the strike and sparge part for my last two brews. I am new to home brewing so my vocabulary and knowledge is limited. Is there an instruction manual or a call in how-to for BeerSmith?

Check this page out

http://www.beersmith.com/support.htm

Back