• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew house Eff.

beercheer4me

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Where in beer smith is this calculator
Da Looked in the book (beersmith)
found it did the cal and 84 percent
Is this uncommon ?
4Th - 10 batch on my set up ,,,(bruits ten) clone
So now I am wondering should I change my eff to say 80 percent
this is what i have been seeing in my last couple of brew sessions. that my eff. is greater then expected .
I was telling my buddy that I might have had a small beer if i was to had hops, LOL
The next time should i sparge till i hit 1.15 or so and see what I collect and set it to the side after main batch and let him
fool with a small beer just for fun
thanks
I set my pump/valve to the boil kettle at a just more that a trickle and put a small nylon bad at the end of the hose to filter out the small amout of grain that i got ,,,,
even though i did about a gallon to clear the filter bed.
So back to the brewing Eff matters ,I would be able to use beersmith to calculate and use less grains Right
thanks 

If you are getting 80% I would either not worry about it or you can try to decrease your grain a little. 

I'd rather be too big than too small.

Not worth a buck to me.

Per recipe, open the recipe and left of Help is Brewhouse Efficiency.

84% is excellent.  I wouldn't plan on it every time unless your process is rock solid and you have reproduced that number a few times.

Great work!

Back