• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredients not showing up on "Recipe Build Page"

luthierzan

Apprentice
Reaction score
So on my recipe build page everything works except the ingredient section.
When I try and add an ingredient, it seems to register with the program, the “Total Grains”, “Total Hops”, Total Cost” go up accordingly, but the Ingredient box is totally blank.
Also, when I go to a different page such as “Preview BrewSheet” within the recipe the added ingredient appears.
I do not know how to fix this. I tried restarting the program, rebooting my computer, and installing a freshly downloaded copy of the program. The fresh copy worked fine last night, but when I went back to it this morning it was doing the same thing.
The program was running fine up until now (I’ve had it running on this computer for about 4 months).
Please help me fix this, I love this program.

Thanks
David O’Halloran

Actually I just checked my previously inputted recipes, and all in all of them all of the ingredients in the "Ingredient" box are missing.

Hi,

In most cases this is caused by a corrupt "newopts14.opts" file.

By default BeerSmith is in the "C:\Program Files\BeerSmith" directory.

However under Vista you may also have a "Compatibility files" directory that shows up on the toolbar when you go to the BeerSmith directory.  This is where your data and the opts file likely lives.  The full path to the compatibility diectory is:  C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BeerSmith

where {USERNAME} is your login name for Vista/Win 7.

Note that on many systems this is a hidden/system directory which will not show up unless you go into the options for Windows file explorer and set it to show hidden/system files.

If you delete the newopts14.opts directory there you should be in business. 

Brad

Back