• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sparging questions

brettanomikey

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey I'm new to beersmith and am testing out the MAC beta.

I can't figure out how to get calculations for mashing. It's telling me I need 18+ gallons for my sparge, I have a 10 gallon MLT & HLT. I can't figure out where to adjust my water to grain ratio, and it's not giving me any answers for how much water to use for my sparge, batch or fly. It's also not giving me temperatures for either. Everytime I adjust my grain temp and MLT temp it changes it back after I re-open.

Am I experiencing bugs in the Beta?

Thanks
Mike

OK, I figured out that I had my mash under the BIAG category. I do a Mash and then a fly sparge, I don't see that option. What should I do? I have messed with the Temperature Mash 1-step but it tells me to use 0 quarts of water for my Mash out. I tried the Single infusion Batch sparge, it is telling me I have 3 steps for my sparge? And I can't read all the steps.

Please help.

Most of us have no idea what 2.0 looks like so it is kind of hard help in a void.  Now if I had a 2.0 Mac beta for my newly built hackintosh, I might be able to offer some advice and something to to with the machine.

Back