• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

MAC Beta - Sparging questions

brettanomikey

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey I'm new to beersmith and am testing out the MAC beta.

I can't figure out how to get calculations for mashing. It's telling me I need 18+ gallons for my sparge, I have a 10 gallon MLT & HLT. I am using 28 lbs of grain, I know that this puts my water to grain ratio at like .9 per lb, but I did this over the weekend with a friends help and the mash turned out fine. But I can't figure out where to adjust my water to grain ratio, or even see it, and it's not giving me any answers for how much water to use for my sparge, batch or fly. It's also not giving me temperatures for either. Everytime I adjust my grain temp and MLT temp it changes it back after I re-open. I've looked at some of the New User stuff and didn't find what I was looking for...

Am I experiencing bugs in the Beta?

Thanks
Mike

OK, I see where I was going wrong. I had my mash on the BIAG setting. Question, I do a mash and then a fly sparge. I don't see a fly sparge option. What should I do?

Hi,
  Fly sparge is the default so you don't have to do anything special - just pick one that does not have the batch sparge or BIAB options checked.

Also - go back to your email I sent you - I included instructions in it for posting bugs.

Cheers,
Brad

Back