• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Jrock from GA

jrock

Apprentice
Reaction score
Jrock from GA. 45 minutes south of Atlanta. I have never done any homebrewing, but I am about to embark on the journey. I'm a teacher and getting out for the summer. I have been wanting to try this for a long time, and now is the time.

There are good ways to brew and bad ways.  If you take care, do some research and take extra cautions with cleanliness, sanitation fermentation control, you will make a beer you will be happy with.  Good beer is not rushed or a bunch of shortcuts.  That will get you bad beer and you will not be happy and not realize what you could have done.

There is a bunch of great literature.  I highly recommend How to brew by John Palmer.

This forum is great.  Beersmith podcasts and blog are great. 

AHA is a fine place to visit too.

Welcome Jrock,

Totally agree with jomebrew, Palmer's "How To Brew" is a must have.  That book has taught me a lot.  I grew up in Warner Robins, Ga, but Ive been in Colorado for about 16 years now.  BeerSmith is an awesome resource...enjoy!

Mike

Sik'em Dawgs!! 

Back