• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Need help with ingredients for a kit from Midwest Supplies

newbrewguy

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am trying to put a recipe that I purchased from www.midwestsupplies.com. It is the "Hop Head Double IPA"

On the ingredients list it has:
9.3 lbs. of "Gold Malt Extract"
2 oz. leaf (dry hop)

These are not on the list of available options. I see that I can add ingredients to the list, but how do I figure out all of the other values?

This will be my third batch ever, and only my second recipe using Beersmith.

Not really sure what your question is, but if it is about making the recipe in BeerSmith, just add the ingredients that came with the kit and the software calcs the numbers.  If you don't have the exact brand of extract, make a new entry by copying another brand's "gold" extract.  Take your time, look around, press buttons, eventually you will get it.

Yep! Just what Beer_Tigger said... Make a new entry and if Midwest's website does not list values for BeerSmith entries then maybe start looking at other suppliers websites and see if they have the information needed for the items in your kit. For example: Specific values for Gold Malt Extract may come Briess website.

In general the key is too add new entries and start researching values.

Back