• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hookah!

Ziggybrew

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I quit smoking. It was the toughest weekend of my life (as well as the following few weeks). A year later... someone bought me a hookah as a gift. I had been tabacco/nicotine free for that year. I was terified to try it. There was no way I wanted to restart an addiction. I did some research before using it.
  Hookah is not addictive. Some hashish (Not illicit --tobacco, molasses, honey and fruit puree) has little or almost no nicotine or tar. Some hashish has no tabacco at all. It is a great addition to brewday. A conversation piece too. My favorite (totally not expected) is Cantelope Hashish. I smoke maybe twice a month as a treat. Non smokers love the aroma; some say it smells like blueberry muffins or insence.
Anyway, maybe it would be a good alternative to somebody trying to quit smoking. But it's nice to have cooking during mash and boil times when the music is playing. Just a thought.

always wanted to try one of those things.  I always thought they looked cool as all get-out.
I DO enjoy smoking fine cigars, and from time to time my tobacco pipe.  But the end of a long brew day is generally celebrated (by myself -and I mean alone, on the back porch, with a homebrewed pint and one of my better cigars). 

Back