• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Styles missing in Windows 7 - 64 Bit.

roller997

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I installed Beersmith 1.4 on my new system some time ago and must have buggered something up pretty badly.
I have a copy under program files (x86) as well as program files.  I copied my Recipes into both those folders and they seemed to be present when I started Beersmith.
While it wasn't much of a deal, I had one style selected which was present for all the recipes I created after the initial installations and when trying to select a different style, there was nothing to select.  The styles had dissapeared.
This weekend, I finally got sick of it (in anticipation of the upcoming upgrade that I am looking forward to very much) and wanted to fix my issue. 
To my surprise I found that neither of the two installation directories were used since I have made numerous changes to the Recipe database since April last year (date stamp of old recipes in above folders). 
The files were now located in a Virtual store under my profile.  I thought copying the style.bsm from the Program (x86) folder would do the trick, however it still has an empty list to select from when I want to choose an alternate style.
What is the best way to get a clean installation of V2 when it comes out, fully preserving my recipes and ensuring that the styles are present?  Even a quick fix to get styles back again now would be a start.

Thanks

Roller997

Hi,
  First thing to do is open your options dialog and make sure the style guide (front page of options) is set to BJCP 2008.  That will very likely fix your problem.

If not, you can download the program, install it to a different directory (anywhere is fine) and copy the Style.bsm file from the new directory to your current installation.

Brad

That has fixed it.
Thanks for that - It is actually only listing BJCP 2004 but that is enough to get me by for this brew.

Thanks again and I will look very much forward to V2.0 which I will install next week some time.

Roland

Back