• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BS2 Observations

jomebrew

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I am new to Mac (I have a Hac-intosh) and while my PC is my main system, I am playing with BS2 on my Hac.  

I exported my hops, grains and recipes from my PC 1.4 version and dragged those to my hac desktop.  I spent the next 10 minutes trying to find IMPORT which would be the intuitive way to read in the BSM files.  I eventually figured out to Open the file.  It chunked along for a bit and eventually opened a new tab.  It took a little effort but I eventually dragged and dropped my recipe folders into My Recipes.  It was a bit harder then it should have been.

On the left panel, I was never able to display Hops or Grains like My Recipes which I expected I could.  

Like you, I'm glad that Beersmith 2.0 is on the MAC platform.  Both platforms are identical.

As far as your import questions, have you viewed the tutorials for doing this?

I did put this in the FAQ and also published a tutorial in the videos section.

Also if you hold down shift while opening your hops or grains it will open in a separate window which might make the whole process a lot easier if you are trying to be selective and drag/drop between the newly opened file and your ingredient views.

Finally - some people have asked for the "Import and Merge" command to be added so I will look at publishing that in a future update as well.

Thanks,
Brad

Back