• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

hop replacement

ol

Brewer
Reaction score
Hi Brad,

Still bothering you with details :-[. I can't stop it..
Having the possibility to change the hops in a recipe (i.e. it calls for Amarillo but I just have Cascade) would be nice instead of delete the hops of the recipe, remember exactly what they were and for how long, and then add you own hops in the recipe instead.
Nevertheless, I amd delighted of the hop feature with substitutuins suggestions!!
Don't get me wrong, I like this software a lot!!! :D

Hmmm,
 Perhaps a substitute button on the recipe dialog would be useful.

It would allow you to select a new item while maintaining the same amounts, boil times, etc...

Certainly this is a possibility for the future!

Thanks!
Brad

Just a thought; I made a folder called "Original Recipes" and before I brew, I copy the recipe to the brew log and make changes to the one in the brew log. Copying it to the brew log also puts the brews in date order to brew date.

I started this when I made a couple of changes to an original recipe once "just to check things out" and then realized the original was gone. I only go to the "Original Recipes" folder to copy it to the brew log.

Back