• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Wet Hopping

S

SAHomeBrew

I was kicking around on BeerAdvocate web site, and those people crack me up!

They want to start a new style of beer because of wet hopping. So what that would mean is any time you used fresh hops, not kiln dried hops, it would be a new style of beer.

What they don't seem to get, is that this is not new, just a new advertising tactic, and it cracks me up! Kinda like "cold filtering". They just don't get it... I guess that's why advertising works.

But the question remains.  Is it going to be the coldest tasting beer ;)

Don

When someone figures out how to measure that, let me now  ;)

Or shipped in "cold insulated" rail cars...
I think my cooler is cold insulated, but if it doesn't have any ice in it, it still gets pretty darn warm  ::)
Oh, and the freshest beer, beachwood aged?  :D

Man they do all that and it still tastes like crap :p

Glad we all make our own ;D

I was kicking around on BeerAdvocate web site, and those people crack me up!

They want to start a new style of beer because of wet hopping. So what that would mean is any time you used fresh hops, not kiln dried hops, it would be a new style of beer.

What they don't seem to get, is that this is not new, just a new advertising tactic, and it cracks me up! Kinda like "cold filtering". They just don't get it... I guess that's why advertising works.
I don't think using fresh hops is necessarily a gimmick. The flavor of fresh-from-the-vine (or is it bine?) hops is much different from kiln dried hops. I agree that it's not a different style -- that's a total crock -- but I really wouldn't put it in the same category as cold filtering or the other BS that the big three feed us.

How about this?..."Wet Hopping, it'll make up for the utter lack of flavour our beech wood aging and massive amounts of rice sugar inflict on our drinking public."

Or.....

"Are you tired of of all those dry hopped beers?  Well then, step up to the new A-B Wet Hop!  It's got the same ol' flavourless, virtually malt-less beer you're used to, but now, we use hops that have thier own born on date!" ::)

or lastly, truth in advertising...

"Wet Hopping, no idea what it means, or how it's done, but if it'll help us sell more, we'll tell you we're doing it."

Sorry, needed to do that,
Mike

Back