• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't get BeerSmith2 to start

tenglert

New Forum Member
Reaction score
When I try to run BS2 after installing, I get the error message: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log for more detail"

I'm using Windows Vista.
I installed it to C:\Program Files\beersmith2\
BS1 is in C:\Program Files\beersmith\

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

-Tony

Tony,
  It may be that your Vista installation is not fully up to date, but downloading and installing the Microsoft Visual C++ library 2008 will likely correct the particular error you are experiencing.  Here it is:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

Cheers,
Brad

This worked for me as well, I'm running on an XP netbook, and C: drive has only 2GB of storage and MS won't install to D:, so I basically only have room to install security updates.  After install the Visual C++ runtime the program launched fine. Thanks.

-kap

Back