• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Shopping list

D

Danno6102

Brad,
I noticed something with the shopping list last night. I am going to start using pellet hops for bittering & leaf hops for aroma additions. When I add all my ingredients to my shopping list. I does not take this into concideration. If I have 1.0oz of Cascade Pellets for bittering & 1.0 oz Cascade Leaf for aroma it tells me I need 2.0 of Cascade in the shopping list. Which is correct, yet incorrect. I need 1.0 oz. of Pellets & 1.0 oz. of Leaf. I changed the hop type from pellet to leaf in the recipe. Is there somehow already to seperate these on the shopping list? If not, it might be something to look at.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,
 I had to be a little bit liberal when matching criteria for ingredients.  Otherwise (for example) you might have two recipes with slightly different alpha values - in most cases you would like the program to combine the two orders.

I can see your point about different hop types (pellet, leaf, etc).  This is something that should be fixed so I will add it to the "To do" list.

Thanks
Brad

I found a quick & dirty way around it. I just made a copy of the hop profile & changed the name to "Cascade Leaf" in the hops profile & changed the type to leaf. Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.

Thanks,
Danno

Back