• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Many Mac issues...

iophon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Brad thanks for porting this to Mac. I want to write that first before listing all the issues I think are problematic! I would be happy to post these one by one if requested but since there are many I'm listing them all at once here for efficiency:

- Can not "Save as…" recipe. In order to do this I now have to exit the recipe, copy, paste, open the new one and rename...!
- Changing ingredient amount: brew steps do not update until I save (hit OK) and reopen the recipe
- Change fermentation/bottling volumes in equipment and it did not take - this is not repeatable but happens periodically
- Brew steps default to 70% view, widow size/placement stays the same. This is a real pain, I can't read the sheet at 70% so every time I have to zoom to 100%, and enlarge the window. It would be so much easier if the window size and scale stayed the same once it has been changed.
- Can not specify 1bs for weight + 1 oz for increment options (prefs:units)
- Can not increase weight increment below 4 oz. This is because increment rounds to 2 decimal points, 1 oz is 0.0625 lbs, 2 oz is 0.125
- Undo does not seem to work at all
- No "duplicate" - in order to duplicate a recipe for example I have to copy then paste and then the item appears with the same name (not appended with "copy") So I then have to rename it
- No filter when subbing ingredient anymore (used to be able to view hops only or grains etc.)

Again thanks for the Mac version. I had hoped I could finally delete my windows partition on my mac... but not yet...!!

Iophon

Calendar changes:
- todays date is no longer highlighted
- events are single rather than stretched - names are thus truncated and there is no indication of what is currently fermenting/aging etc. I really hate this change
- End date and bottle/keg date are 2 separate events on the same day... one is enough!

Long standing issues:
- If I change my equipment in a recipe and name that equipment setup it is not reflected in equipment list. So I have to open up the recipe and copy all the fields into a new equipment profile.  Same with mash profile.
- Can not add inventory from within recipe design
- Cannot change brew date in Calendar. A simple drag to a new date would be very welcome rather than having to open up the item and edit the date.

Back