• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

color adjustments

pcdiver

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I used a dark honey for the mead and have some questions.
1.  How do i adjust the mead color to be darker.  The tool tells me to add darker grain?  The mead has finished. Why not be able to make it the color it is, regardless of the added ingredients.

2.  Can I add MEAD to the styles in the properties when adding new yeast in my ingredients??

Hi,
  If you are using dark honey, you probably should adjust the color of the honey itself when adding it as an ingredient (or add a new one for dark honey).  This will let you make future meads with a better estimate of the actual color you will get.

You can add a thumbnail picture (click the little plus sign next to the picture) if you want to put an actual image of your finished mead in.

On item 2 - Did you want to be able to add "mead" as the yeast type when adding yeasts?  I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for here?

Brad

Back