• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Printing in 2.0

bsurratt

Apprentice
Reaction score
I've been using ver. 1.4 for quite some time & my recipes & notes all print on the same page as expected.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to get this to work in 2.0  :-(

First, the recipe is small on the page & I can't figure out how to make it enlarged.  My brewing notes are also treated as a separate page.  I was going to make a custom report, but the help menu mentions things that I can't find in the software.

Has anyone played around with custom reports to have all data on the same page??

Thanks, Bob

Bob,
  Creating a custom report is probably what you want.  You could start with the current recipe or brewsheet template both of which are in the Program Files/BeerSmith2/Reports directory (in HTML format).  Make a copy of these, then edit them to create your own compact format (or one with smaller fonts).

Once you have your report displaying properly, you can install it to your Documents/Reports directory and add it as a custom report from the Options dialog.

Brad

Thanks Brad.  I just had a break thru moment as I was doing the print preview & printing within the recipe while it was opened.  I just found that by selecting a recipe, the preview pane below has the different reports and when I did the preview, it was the way I wanted it.  ;D

Thanks!  Bob

PS. One of my Facebook buddies (Chadd McNichols) took a picture with you at the conference this last week.  Looks like it was a good time.  :D

Thanks
  I'm still at the conference - the grand banquet is in about an hour and I'm looking forward to it.  Also I took a lot of pictures I'll post on the BeerSmith facebook page once I get back (they're in my camera, but I forgot the little cable for it).

This was my first NHC, but it has been simply outstanding!

Brad

Back