• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew Steps Sheet

Hopfrog

Brewer
Reaction score
Is there any way to make it so that we can leave the brewsteps page onscreen and still work inside beersmith, maybe make it minimizable? Even though I always print a hard copy, it's sometimes nice to have it onscreen at all times during my brew. Thanks for any input.

Hi,
  Probably the best you can do (and I think this will work) is to close your "My Recipes Window", then reopen it in a separate window by "shift-clicking" on the "My Recipes" folder.

Now you can go to the bottom of that window and set the preview report to "Brewsheet" - then make the preview window larger.  This will show you the brewsheet in a separate window and you can still work in the main program on other things.

Note, however, that your preview of an open recipe won't be updated until you save it.

Brad

I can't seem to make that work. In beersmith 1.4 you had a 'preview in new window' button, that would show the recipe, listed as a brewsheet or any other template of your choosing, in a separate window, but still allow you to access the main program.

Did you try the steps above?  If you close your original "My Recipe" view, then shift click on the My Recipes folder on the left side it will open your recipes database in a separate window.  From there you can proceed as I described.

Brad

I closed the 'my recipes' tab, I shift-clicked on the 'my recipes' folder, I get a separate window with my recipes in it, but I don't see anything at the bottom of the window where I can set a 'preview report'.

Hi,
  Here's what my display looks like when I shift click to display the recipes in a separate window.  As you see the preview pane at the bottom (unless you have hidden it) shows the currently selected recipe in the separate window.

Brad

Attachments

• shot.png
    shot.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 398
Got it. I had the preview screen hidden. This will work just fine, thank you.

Back