• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Search by available inventory?

BigHefty

New Forum Member
Reaction score
In Beersmith 1.4, I was able to do a search of my recipes to find all recipes that I could make with my existing inventory. I have searched for hours trying to find this in 2.0. Is it gone now?!?!?

Hi,
  I don't have that in the new version yet - I am looking to add it in again in a future update.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  I don't have that in the new version yet - I am looking to add it in again in a future update.

Brad

Ah, ok. So I can just keep using 1.4 for that feature assuming both versions can run on the same computer?

Whew! Thought I was losing my mind! :)

I'm sure you get all kinds of requests for enhancements and every one is someone's top priority, but ...
is there any way that you can get this one in the pipeline ? Had I known that inventory search was not available in
this release, I would not have upgraded. I take pains to build my inventory in the database and often brew on the spur of the moment, choosing recipes that I can brew, with ingredients on hand. This is probably one of my most used Beersmith features ...

Any suggestions for a work-around ?
Oh, and is there a list of features that are missing from version 2 ?
I'd sure hate to waste time looking for something that isn't there ...

Thanks,
  I'll certainly work on it!

The two big items missing are this one and the BeerXML import (which is in the works).  I think just about all of the other 1.4 features are fully incorporated.

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for the heads-up on the beer XML import - I was about to try that with some recipes from a friend ...
I know that with any software release, one has to make some tough choices. Hats off to you for delivering a
largely bug-free re-write!

I appreciate your quick response to our issues and look forward to the next update.

Dave

Thanks Dave,
  Considering my huge corporation here consists of one person, I think it came out pretty well.  However I have to credit the dozens of testers listed on the About page (help menu) who did all of the hard work ferreting out some pretty big issues as we worked through the bugs the four months.

Still a few issues to clean up - but I think most of these can be cleared up in the next month or two.

Brad

Back