• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Old dog - New tricks

denny

Brewer
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

My name is Denny.  Some of you might know me.  I've been a Promash user for 12 years, but decided it's time to check out Beersmith.  I'll probably be asking some really stupid questions, so please be gentle!

Hey Denny!  Welcome!  Promash and Beersmith are very different but I think you will find Beersmith has it all and then some.  Brad has been hard at work making it better and fulfilling the special needs of his users.  I have worked with both though only minimally with promash.  I am still getting used to 2.0 but found 1.4 got the job done for me.

Cheers!

Denny,
Its great to have you here and I enjoyed meeting you at the NHC last week as well.  Best wishes and welcome!

Brad

Thanks, Brad.  It was great to meet you, too, and put a face to a name!  Believe me, you'll see a lot of posts here from me as I try to get familiar with Beersmith.

Would that dog be a POODLE by any chance?

Hi Denny,
Why Beersmith is so easy even I can use it! Been a user since '07 I think and I luv,luv,luv it. Best customer service on the planet too. Something so very seldom encountered in the software world. The new release even
inspired me to actually calibrate all my volumes, evaporation, etc. instead of relying on my usual S.W.A.G. brewing techniques.

Thanks very much for the helpful info on getting the Umpqua Brewfest competition organized. I expect I'll have more questions on it soon.  I will try and get details on the styles we'll be accepting before the next CBS meeting so you can announce it to the club .
Cheers!
Diane (Roseburg)

Back