• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Customize Columns in recipe design view grayed out

BannonB

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello:

I am hoping to make the design view more readable by removing the cost and inventory columns.  They overlap when printing.

I right click on the columns and see the customize columns selection, but it is grayed out.

How do I remove those columns?

Thanks,

BannonB

Can't find it but I'm 99% sure this one has been mentioned before and noted by Brad to be looked at in a later patch.

One new thing in Build 40 though that I don't think was available before is that another column has been added in recipe design that appears with a # at the top. If you click on that, all the ingredients get sorted in a time order. Cool!

Hi
  I am planning to make the columns editable - it is not a trivial change as all of the different data types in a recipe need to be able to recognize all of the columns you use - but I am planning it for a future update.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Hi
  I am planning to make the columns editable - it is not a trivial change as all of the different data types in a recipe need to be able to recognize all of the columns you use - but I am planning it for a future update.

Brad
Great! Thank you. The Cost column in the recipe view is completely irrelevant to me. It would be really nice to be able to get rid of it.

Yes i was wondering the same thing...I would like to replace it with other information like how much gravity points an item will add to the wort. etc...cost and inventory are irrelevant to me...Please make sure the columns can be edited in the next update... :)

Also...would be nice to be able to adjust the size of of the ingredient area...I have a 27" widescreen monitor and alot of real estate is wasted...

Thanx!

Back