• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Printing of recipe not very readable

BannonB

Apprentice
Reaction score
I would like to print my basic recipe.

In original Beersmith the recipe print page is well layed out and large enough to read.  The current Beersmith2 print is hyper small and has columns that wrap around themselves.

Is there something I am missing to get a clean good looking print of the recipe?

Thanks,

BannonB

Bannon,

To get a good answer to your question you might have to give a bit more info. For example...

1. Are you using build 40 which was released a few hours ago?

2. Are you Mac or PC?

3. What size screen resolution are you using?

4. What report do you mean when you say 'recipe print'?

If you are in Preview, there are zoom options at the top of the page where it says 'Shrink to Fit.'

Hope some of the above helps you out,
Pat

Hi,
  One issue I've noticed is that some people are trying to print from an open recipe tab - and in this case BeerSmith autoscales the dialog box and tries to put it all on one page which makes it really small.  I did this to let people capture the details on various tabs if they really need them.

The better way to print your recipe is actually from the "My Recipes" view - just click on the recipe to select it, pick your report format from the dropdown in the preview window and then print or preview from here.  This will give you a much more readable recipe formatted properly for printing.

Brad

I must be missing something.  When my recipe is selected I click "preview" while in any tab: home, view, profiles... I do not get a drop down menu to select the format.  It just opens the print preview window with a recipe summary type format.  

When I click the "brew steps" button located under the "home" tab it opens another print preview window with a brew sheet format.  Neither of these provide a drop down menu to select.  They just open print preview windows.

In both windows "brew steps" and "preveiw" I do get drop down tabs for scaling and page view but I have not found how to change the report format like ver. 1.4 had a tab with options: classic, classic brewsheet, normal...

----
I am also trying to get the "brew steps" sheet down to one page to work from on brew day.  In ver. 1.4 my brew sheets were on one page unless I had an unusually large recipe or errors.  The only way I have found to get my brew sheet to one page in ver. 2.0.40 is to reduce it to 70%.  Changing font size in the tools section of the print preview is having no affect on the report's font size. 

Under the "prepare for brewing" heading there are four blocks/lines and only two have information and the one that does have information is mostly useless.  I would love to get rid of the blank blocks/lines and remove the fluffy/un-important ones like "clean and prepare brewing equipment" to help this thing fit on one page while keeping an easily readable font size.

Windows 7
BeerSmith 2.0.40

I see now, I can get it to work this way. 

I may be used to what 1.4 did so this seems unintuitive that the print button works differently in different contexts.

If you are taking votes for features in 2.1, I would ask that the print button inside a recipe view prints the recipe report the same as if it were selected from the my recipes list.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ok,
  Thanks - I'm looking at making that the default for future builds, or offering some kind of option.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Ok,
  Thanks - I'm looking at making that the default for future builds, or offering some kind of option.

Brad

++
I had this problem of not finding the selection tab, turns out the preview pane was disabled.
there is a small icon of a piece of paper next to the search tab, that turns the preview pane back on.

It would be nice to have preview buttons like the brew steps, but be able to select the report for each one
I use a custom brew log instead of brewsteps for brewing day, and then also print a custom recipe report as pdf

Back