• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerXML

denny

Brewer
Reaction score
I have a lot of Promash recipes that I've exported to BeerXML.  I just tried to open one in Beersmith and got an error message saying that BeerXML wasn't implemented but would be in a future version.  I thought Beersmith could import BeerXML files.  Did I screw something up or is BeerXML not supported?

Version 1.4 does but it is not yet in 2.0  Brad advised it would be a couple weeks to complete the import feature but has been focusing on the more serious issues first. 

You can load them in 1.4, export them to a .bsm file form 1.4 them bring the .bsm file right into 2.0

Thanks.  I might try that...or I might just wait.

You can go to the BeerSmith 1.4 support page on the links at the very top of our web site and still download 1.4.  Import your stuff into 1.4 as BeerXML and then export it again as a BSM file which BeerSmith 2 can read in.

Brad

Thanks, Brad.  Like I promised you, I'm working on figuring Beersmith out.  Looks like I've got a lot to learn, but I'm blown away by the scope of the software you've created.

Anyway to do a batch import and conversion?  I can only seem to do 1 recipe at a time.  With 401 recipes to convert, it could take a while!

you can export your whole imported folder as one file.

I created a folder in 1.4 names imports.  Once I imported them, I selected the folder itself and exported them.  I do the same when I export them to a web page which creates an index page and all the individual recipe pages.  You can see that in my website below. 

jomebrew said:
you can export your whole imported folder as one file.

I created a folder in 1.4 names imports.  Once I imported them, I selected the folder itself and exported them.  I do the same when I export them to a web page which creates an index page and all the individual recipe pages.  You can see that in my website below. 

The problem is that I have hundreds of Promash recipes that have been converted to .xml files.  I want to import them all to 1.4 without having to do it one at a time. 

Back