• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Export/import recipes via USB

DCompau

Apprentice
Reaction score
I did an export from my pc to a USB stick of all my recipes. I tried to use the import wizard on another pc, but said it couldnt find the files. When I try to select the files, the farthest it'll let me select is the usb stick, not the file itself. I know it's on the stick, and has a .bsmx on it.

Strangly, if I open the usb files and double click the .bsmx file, it'll open another BeerSmith2 with the exported files, but not the one installed on my pc, but the menus and tabs look a bit different :-\  Yes I have the latest .40 version

Hi,
  The best way to open these is simply using the Open command to open the files on your USB stick.

The import wizard tries to find all of the original installation files from BeerSmith 1.4 and if you have renamed them it won't match them.

Just open the old files and copy/paste what you need into your new My Recipes folder or into the other databases (hops, grains, etc).

Brad

Back