• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Default recipe folder

denny

Brewer
Reaction score
Undoubtedly a dumb question, but what's the default folder for recipes?  I haven't been able to locate it yet.

Denny, initially all of mine went to My Recipes.  Currently, I only display Brew Log recipes.

Mark

Thanks, Mark.  I'll see if I can find that.

So, is My Recipes a folder only within the Beermith program and not a folder on my hard drive?  I certainly can't find it anywhere.

Yes, My Recipes is a folder only withing the program.  I believe that in your documents folder there is a Recipes.bsmx file that contains all of your recipes and recipe folders.

Sorry to be a pest, but how do get the program to display Brew Log only recipes? 

John

JPor said:
Sorry to be a pest, but how do get the program to display Brew Log only recipes? 

John

Damn, I get to answer one!  Click the Options icon.  It's to the far right in the row of stuff right above the recipe window.  Make sure Brewing Options is selected in the window that opens.  At the bottom of that window, you'll see Calendar Options.  Select Brew Log Only from the drop down in the Folders to Display option.

Cool -- got it.  Thanks. 

Another dumb newbie question: there's a "version" field -- how does this relate, and how should we use it? 

Thanks --

John

Hi,
  A related answer - all of your physical BeerSmith data files (recipes and other data) are stored physically on the computer under "Documents/BeerSmith2" by default if you want to back them up at some point.  This is true under both Windows and Mac.

You can change that directory (only if needed) using the Change Data Directory command on the File menu.

Brad

Back