• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Autosave

• Thread starter David Oldenburg
  • Start date
D

David Oldenburg

I was using the software last night, making up a recipe, and the software crashed (due to Windows, not the software itself) and I lost all my changes to the recipe.

Wouldn't it make sense to have an option to automatically save changes every N minutes and/or have a "save now" button somewhere on the screen?

the save now button is the same thing as hitting the ok button.

as far as saveing ever x sec. i personally dont think thats a good idea because i might not like the changes and want to hit cancel.  ;)

have a good one

The OK button closes the recipe, though, also.  

That's why the autosaving would be an option, not something you'd be forced to use.

Dave,
 The program actually does autosave the main databases every few minutes to try to avoid such a situation.  

The problem is that the open recipe is not saved until you press OK or switch to another window.  There is probably a way around this (perhaps save it as a working copy or a separate table for recipes in progress).  I will think it over a bit to see if I can come up with something.

Cheers!
Brad

Back