• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Editing the calender

jlestos

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm probably just blind, but is there a way to switch the dates of brews? I'm trying to get my schedule set for the next six months or so of beers I plan on making, but the three recipes I've started working on all put the brew day as today and then go from there. I saw the date on the recipe building page, but changing that seemed to have no effect.

Thanks in advance,
J

OK, one more question. Is there a way to refresh the calendar to reflect the changed brew days without closing the program? Haven't been able to find it yet...

Thanks again
J

Hi,
  If you close the calendar view and reopen it - it should force a refresh.  Obviously it should be refreshing itself so I'll go back and fix this in the next build - just found out it was an issue.

Brad

Hi,
  Actually after revisiting this one (I was trying to debug it) it appears to be working correctly.  If I open a recipe, change its date and save it - the change is reflected on the calendar.  I verified that the program is updating the calendar as new recipes are added too.

Are you still having trouble with this?

Brad

How do I delete a brew from the calendar?

I know I can just change the date on the recipe but every time I open recipe it gets added to the calendar.

What am I missing?

Horace said:
How do I delete a brew from the calendar?

I know I can just change the date on the recipe but every time I open recipe it gets added to the calendar.

What am I missing?

You need to select a folder in the calendar options as your "brewing folder", I use the brew log folder.
If you do this only the recipes stored in the brew log folder will be displayed in your calender view, and only those recipes. If you want to brew a recipe from another folder simply copy it over to the brew log folder and it will appear in your calender view. To remove a recipe from the calender simply click it in the brew log folder and drag it to another folder.

Andrew

I was able to select the brew log file under calendar options. But WHERE is the brew log file. I can't find any way to move recipes into it. Only files that show are my recipes folder with the beersmith2 sample recipe folder. Missing something...

I found this thread hoping for help and finally figured it out.  You need to create a folder called "Brew Log" under the "My Recipes" folder.  Create copies of your recipes in that folder after you brew them with your measured numbers on the "Fermentation" tab.  It is not very intuitive, but it works once you know the answer.

Back