• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Who is brewing this weekend?

S

Shakey_Dog

I should get my new 10 gal MLT today ;D, and I plan on breaking it in with a new recipe, Angry Ogre.  (loosly based on Arrogant Bastard)

Who else is brewing this weekend and what drink will you be making ;D

Took a telephone poll of relatives and friends from Mississippi to New Jersey,  to Texas, and it looks as if I will be brewing a batch of the Strawberry Wheat.  

Personally, it ain't HOPPY enough for my taste (I too suffer from the "evaporating keg syndrome"...EKS).  I must keep the consumers happy!

I too will be breaking in my new experimental system.
It's just a good thing one can't make a beer that is undrinkable!!   ;D ;D ;D

Brew day went well.  I mashed a little high but that is ok :p.

OG 1.075 and it is happily bubbleing away next to me as I type this.

Home everybody else brew day went well ;D

Don

I'm brewing a modified version of a Czech Lager, a little like Pilsner Urquell.  I like my current recipe, but I'm going to give it a little more body and an enhanced aroma.  Have you had any experience with this type of brew?

Sorry Mike, I have never made a Pilsner :(.  

I seem to always make big ales for some reason.  But, as I understand it a Pilsner is at least 90% light malt (2row).  If you want more body maby try a small about of the lightest crystal malt you can get say some 10L about 8 oz and some some Munich for fun about 8 oz also.

What hops are you using Saaz?

Don

Do a decoction, that is traditional for a pilsener and, while not needed for conversion, will help with flavor and body.

Fred

Back