• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Speise calculations?

Berkyjay

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Was this feature ever added to 2.0?  I know someone requested it a while ago but I can't seem to find any tool to calculate carbonation with speise.

Hi,
  I actually took a serious look at adding this, but it would have been very complex for the end user due to the sheer number of inputs.  Adding Speise and Krausen is actually a pretty complex task and I was not sure how many people would be able to use it.

I'm still looking at it - just trying to figure out how to do it best.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  I actually took a serious look at adding this, but it would have been very complex for the end user due to the sheer number of inputs.  Adding Speise and Krausen is actually a pretty complex task and I was not sure how many people would be able to use it.

I'm still looking at it - just trying to figure out how to do it best.

Brad

Interesting.  I had thought that you would only need at 2 inputs, final gravity and the desired volume of CO2, assuming the brewer uses the wort from the boil.  The rest of the numbers re already in the recipe.  But I do agree that the calculations are somewhat complex.  It's the reason I was looking for it in 2.0 in the first place  :D.  Given my incomplete understanding of the calculations I'll defer to your judgment.

Back