• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Packaging options

JPor

Apprentice
Reaction score
BeerPro had a neat feature where you could figure the packaging requirements for a batch of beer -- take the amount you had to bottle and figure how many bottles you needed -- or kegs, for that matter.  You could split the bottling for different types of bottles, or kegs, and the program would figure how many bottles in as many different sizes you would need -- kind of cool.  The rest of the program was clunky and harder to use bit that feature was very nice.  Any chance we can do this in BeerSmith -- or (I'm a newbie to the program) have I missed this?

BeerSmith is awesome.  Period. 

Thanks --

Dr. J

Hi,
  No - other than the carbonation profile that shows how it was carbonated I don't have a separate setting for bottles or kegs used.

Perhaps you could just add this to the notes?

Brad

Sure -- the value of having a bottle calculator is to know how many of what size bottles to prepare -- I often mix bottle sizes when I bottle and it is handy to know in advance how many of what kind of bottle to wash.  Not important in terms of recipe planning, and I made a simple spread sheet to do the same thing.  But BeerSmth has so many neat gizmos this would fit right in with the rest of the program. 

John

You can put your volume into the volume units tool to get 12oz bottles, pints, and 22oz bottles for the total, but not a mixture of bottle sizes.

There it is -- every time I turn around there's something that works in this program -- thanks.  That's all I need. 

John

Back